- Processing Date: 05/28/19
- Estimated pick up Date: 06/17/19
- Our price is $3.80 per hanging weight pound. Pay $100 deposit now to secure your beef.
- We will let you know what the total hanging weight is as soon as your beef is processed.
- The take home weight is approximately 65% of the hanging weight.
- This quarter beef will be dry aged for 14 days.
- All cuts will be vacuumed sealed and flash frozen. You may request alternate packaging if you'd like to save a little on the processing cost.
- 100% grass fed
- No antibiotics or hormones
- Processed in a USDA certified facility for your safety!
There is a processing fee that you will need to pay when you pick up your beef.
You will need to pick this order up at Blalock Meats in Rabun Gap, GA. The processing fee will vary depending on how you have your beef cut and packaged.
So if we use 125 lbs. as an example the price breakdown would be as follows:
- Quarter Beef purchase price is $3.80 times 125 lbs. = $475
- Processing fees
- Slaughter fee $15
- Environmental fee $2
- Packaging fee depends on whether you choose “Freezer Paper” or “Vacuum Seal”
- “Freezer Paper” is $0.65 times hanging weight which would equal $81.25
- “Vacuum Seal” is $0.85 times hanging weight, which would equal $106.25
So the total cost would be either $556.25 with freezer paper or $581.25 with vacuum sealed packaging.
Rough Estimates of Cuts and Quantities:
|Ground Beef||1 lb.||42 pkgs.||= 42 lbs.|
|T-Bone Steak||0.9 lbs.||5 pkgs.||= 4.5 lbs.|
|Cowboy Cut Ribeye||0.7 lbs.||5 pkgs.||= 3.5 lbs.|
|Filet||0.4 lbs.||1 pkgs.||= 0.4 lbs.|
|Boneless Sirlion||1.1 lbs||2 pkgs.||= 2.2 lbs.|
|Chuck Roast||3.3 lbs.||3 pkgs.||= 9.9 lbs.|
|Loin Tip Roast||3.1 lbs.||1 pkgs.||= 3.1 lbs.|
|Short Ribs||1.4 lbs.||4 pkgs.||= 5.6 lbs.|
|Knuckle Bones||2.7 lbs.||1 pkgs.||= 2.7 lbs.|
|Shank Bones||1 lb.||1 pkgs.||= 1 lbs.|
|Liver||1.1 lbs.||1 pkgs.||= 1.1 lbs.|
About our Cows:
- Our calves are born, raised and finished here on the farm. This allows us to steward them carefully and ensure that we are providing you with an excellent product.
- They are allowed to grow at a natural pace without the use of hormones. They are naturally very healthy, and we do not need to use antibiotics.
- They graze freely on nutrient dense grass that is never treated with chemical fertilizers herbicides or pesticides.
- These cows are never given the grains that their digestive system was not designed to handle.